Illegitimis Non Carborundum

Monday, February 22, 2010

It's a love hate thing.....

I absolutely hate when a good book is over. It's even worse when you think you have a few more pages because the author wrote about 3 pages of acknowledgments in the back.

I absolutely LOVE a series. And I was really loving Adriana Trigiani's Valentine series. I was so happy when I saw the second book was out and I was elated when I saw that book just sitting on the desk at the library when I walked in. It was just sitting there waiting for me, just for me!

I absolutely hate that I have to wait so long between books.

I absolutely LOVE that there is going to be more for this series.

I absolutely hate that there is only going to be one more book in this series.

I fell in love with these characters. I laughed with these books, I cried with them and I felt a little heartbreak when they were over. I could actually picture the places, the people, the scenarios in my head. I got lost in these books!

I absolutely LOVED them!!!

Ciao!

1 comment:

  1. I received a B&N gift card for my birthday and am going to buy Brava, Valentine with it.
    I feel the same way... I love that there will be one more but hate that it's the last one.
    Sometimes... just to savor a series... I won't read a book until the next one is published. That way, I know I have one "in the wings" if I get desperate...lol!

    ReplyDelete

So, whatcha thinkin?