Illegitimis Non Carborundum

Friday, May 22, 2009

Back to blogging....

or at least I'm hoping to! Where does the time go! Before you know it, it's going to be summer. And behind me will be another year, a year with some tears, fears, smiles and adventures. What a year!

As far as reading goes, I've been kind of slow on my reading because I've actually been catching up on shows that I've missed since I couldn't watch things on line. I'm all caught up on LOST and HOUSE so my world is good! I have a few others that I think I'll be able to catch up with next week but those are my two must haves!

This week I finished Blue Heaven by CJ Box. It was a good suspense but not the kind that had me dying to grab my book. I'd give it a B. I started Summer on Blossom Street by Debbie Macomber since it's the next one due back at the library. Those are usually a quick happy read and I'm in a quick happy mood these days. I have quite a few other books on my nightstand that I can't wait to get into. After I'm all caught up on shows, it'll be a good summer of some good reading!

The week is wrapping up and it seems to be turning out to be a damn good one! I got some good news from a friend and it was such good news, it made me cry. I'm soooo happy for her! Then my oldest called me at work and told me that he officially has a "date". This boy of mine is so shy that I thought he wasn't ever going to get there. I had a little talk with him earlier and told him that I think she might be waiting for you to ask her so why not just do it. Well, he did and she did so they are! I don't know if he's smiling more or if I am.

I'm really looking forward to the nice long weekend and then the coming week. I just want to relax this weekend since last weekend was so busy. The week coming up I have a really great night out with some of the moms from our association and we're doing dinner and a play! I'm really looking forward to that! And I have a long weekend at the end of the month because I've decided I don't want to work on my birthday and I certainly don't want to spend the day napping because I have to work that night. So as a gift to myself, I'm taking off. I just want to relax and enjoy my family!

1 comment:

  1. :) I love when there's a long happy streak in life for people. Glad you're having a great week Lori.

    ReplyDelete

So, whatcha thinkin?