Illegitimis Non Carborundum

Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Imagine.....

a world with no internet. Let me tell you friends, it's awful. It's an awful world. I don't know what we did before it! I can't imagine what the world was like when you couldn't go on line in a heartbeat. It must have been a nasty world.

My boss removed the internet from our computers at work. I can understand. We were getting a lot of virus and spyware and things that you just don't want your computer to have. These are work computers and we need them to function for work related business.

Now, when you are on the 3rd shift, blogging, email, book boards are all work related somehow. I don't know how but to me, they were. Losing them was awful!

My darling son lent me his laptop after the 3rd night without any internet. I owe him some of my sanity. My incredible husband ordered me a Notebook. I owe him the rest of my sanity and I have a feeling a few other things will come to his mind. It's cheaper than therapy is how I look at it.

I got some reading done though. I finished The Boneman's Daughters by Ted Dekker. It was okay. Not my favorite book of the year. I was getting tired of hearing about broken bones after a while. Some of my bones were even hurting from reading about the broken bones. I'm not rushing out to get anymore of his books. I wasn't dying to get back to the book when I had to put it down. I actually was expecting a little more but maybe he's just not my kind of writer or it wasn't my kind of book.

I started The Courage Tree by Diane Chamberlain. I'm half way through and it's really good. As usual with Chamberlain, I'm enjoying this novel.

I have a few others on the night stand that I can't wait to get to. I bought a few this weekend too. I grabbed Dead Before Dark by Wendy Corsi Staub at Target the other day. I bought How To Be Lost by Amanda Eyre Ward and Love Walked In by Marisa de Los Santos at a flea market on Saturday. I need to read some of the library books I have out before I can dive into my pile at home. I just wish reading didn't make me so tired, otherwise I could do it 24/7.

2 comments:

  1. I don't have to imagine it. I've lived it, and it suuuuuuuuuucks. I'm so glad you have a notebook on the way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you're getting a new laptop Lori. I missed you everywhere!

    ReplyDelete

So, whatcha thinkin?