Illegitimis Non Carborundum

Friday, May 1, 2009

What a week!!!

I know it's been days but let me tell you, it feels longer! I got into work on night and found out that the Internet had been taken off our computers at work.

::::GASP::::

Probably not a real big deal but when you don't have anything else to do on a long 8 hour shift from 10PM to 6AM, it's a biggie!

But I survived! Thank heavens I'm a reader! I can't imagine what you would do for 8 hours if you couldn't go online, watch TV or movies or READ! I'd be dead.

Since I had a few hours to kill, I made a nice dent in The Boneman's Daughters by Ted Dekker. It's a pretty good book. A little graphic so it's not for the squeamish reader, but not as bad as some others I've read years ago. I don't know if I'm going to read anything else by him but it's not bad for a new author (to me).

I've been spending the rest of my time catching up on line and seeing what I missed in the great big beautiful cyber world. It was killing me not to read the book boards and blogs to see if there were any HAVE TO HAVE books out there waiting for me!

I don't know how I'm going to survive!!

3 comments:

  1. Hopefully you'll get that notebook you were talking about. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yikes!
    You had better keep up with this blog... i love reading it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you find a laptop yet? I totally feel your pain.

    ReplyDelete

So, whatcha thinkin?