Illegitimis Non Carborundum

Friday, August 14, 2009

Handy little thing......

I found this handy little thing on the B&N site. Maybe everyone else already knows about it but I thought I'd share it with you all, just in case.

You can search for a book and B&N, then once you find it you can check and see if your store has it. Now, let's say they do and you want this book. You know you can't get there that day but you're worried they will be sold out of the book before you can get there....and you really need this book. Well, you can reserve it at your store! How 'bout that! They will hold it for you for 3 days and they will notify you via email that they have the book on hold for you.

I found this out because my son needs a book for school and there's just not enough copies of the book in the library. He's third on the list and they can't even estimate the wait time. He has to read Napoleon's Buttons for his Chemistry class. It doesn't look too thrilling and it really looks thick. Hopefully, three weeks is enough time to get through it.

There's actually been a lot of reading going on in my house which I love! My oldest is a big reader but my other two are a little wishy washy when it comes to reading. J, the oldest, had to read Tuesdays with Morrie and The Andromeda Strain for school. He really liked The Andromeda Strain, which made him think he'd like to check out other Michael Crichton books.

J got G to start reading the Harry Potter series too. Of course they've been watching the movies and got to discussing how the books are so much better. So he managed to convince G to start with #4 and read the series. He's flipping back and forth between Harry Potter and Poker for Dummies. Hey, he's reading, what can I say?

My daughter is reading a series called Suddenly Supernatural and really enjoying it! She's almost finished and with a little luck, she'll want to keep reading the series!

I'm about half way through Best Intentions by Emily Listfield. So far, it's keeping my attention. It's not one of those "can't put down" books, not yet anyway. I'm curious to see where a few things are going and I'm hoping where it's going is a little interesting! I've got quite a few on the burners that I can't wait to get to. The library sent me my emails telling me they have some holds so I'm there tomorrow to pick them up.

I've got several weeks of good reading coming my way!




1 comment:

  1. I did not know you could do that from the B&N website. Thanks for the heads up, I will totally use this in the future!

    ReplyDelete

So, whatcha thinkin?