Illegitimis Non Carborundum

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

They are just characters.....

and sometimes I have to keep reminding myself of that. They are just characters in a book.

There are so many times I just want to scream at a character! Come on, wake the heck up!!! You've got to be kidding me!

The book I'm currently reading, Best Intentions by Emily Listfield, has a main character that I want to shake so hard and tell to wake up!!! Now, maybe she's right. Maybe it is the truth. Maybe. But is sure as hell doesn't sound like it. It's making me crazy and I have to get to the end of the book so I can find out who is right....her or me!

I guess that's a sign of a really good book, when you are wanting to choke a character that isn't real, when you are dying to get to the end of the book just to see who was right!

I'm not saying it's great literature or a book that will live for ages, but you have to admit, it's good reads when you get a book like that!

2 comments:

  1. That was me last night with Kisscut by Karin Slaughter. Her character Lena in the book was driving me crazy!

    ReplyDelete

So, whatcha thinkin?