Illegitimis Non Carborundum

Saturday, August 15, 2009

It's like a little peek....

Our library system used to put a little card into this little slot in the back of your book to let you know when your book was due. But a few years ago, they switched to the computer system where you get a receipt and it tells you a whole bunch of information, including the book title, date checked out and date due.

These receipts look like your grocery store receipts and some people have taken to using them as their bookmarker. Others have left them in the little pockets of the book jacket.

I love when people leave them in the book jacket pockets. It gives me a little peek into what some people are checking out of the library. And sometimes you can get some good reading suggestions from these receipts.

The other day I found a receipt in the back of the book I just picked up from the library. I ordered The King Of Lies by John Hart. In the back was a receipt from the last person and they got this book and The House at Riverton by Kate Morton. Hmmmmm....never heard of that one but I'm going to check it out!

Who knows, might just be a good new book to add to my never ending always growing pile!

4 comments:

  1. LOL...I do the same thing!
    The House at Riverton is pretty good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I try to use it for my bookmark instead of dog earring the page.

    ReplyDelete
  3. KAREN!! What have we told you about that!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love finding those receipts too!

    ReplyDelete

So, whatcha thinkin?