Illegitimis Non Carborundum

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Waiting on Wednesday......

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted Jill over at http://breakingthespine.blogspot.com/








I love finding a new author. Even though I love my old faithful, tried and true, it's nice to find a new one now and then.

I have about 6 books on reserve at the library right now. I would love to know what's taking them so long. Seriously, don't they realize that we are dying to get our hands on these books. Why isn't it one persons job to just go into the library in the morning and bring up all the reserves for that branch up on the computer. Then that person goes around, finds all the books and logs them into the system, then sends them on their way! I would love to have that job. I would even travel from branch to branch just to do that! LOL

One of the books is Karin Slaughter's new one so I have to wait until July when it's released. Okay, I get that and I'll try to be patient. Another one is The Lies We Told by Diane Chamberlain. I like her books and I think the library is acquiring that one so I'm on hold till they get it in.

The others are new to me authors. Sworn to Silence and Pray for Silence by Linda Castillo are the first two. I'm hoping Sworn to Silence comes in fast, and first. Another one that's new to me is Sue Miller's The Lake Shore Limited. Believe it or not, I have never read a Sue Miller book. I'm also trying and patiently, ahem, waiting for Never Wave Goodbye by Doug Magee.

Now if the library would just cooperate with me and get a move on, I'd be knee deep in new books. Because there just aren't enough books laying around my house waiting for me to pick them up! And I'm starting another list already of a few new authors I want to look into. And then there's a few series I want to get back into reading. And there are a few "summer" type books that I keep promising myself I'm going to get and enjoy. HA!

I just can not ever see myself being "caught up" on my TBR pile/list. I just do not see that happening!

I mean seriously, pulease!







1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you've got a good bookish summer ahead of you Lori.

    ReplyDelete

So, whatcha thinkin?