Illegitimis Non Carborundum

Thursday, March 19, 2009

Is it me???

Ok, we all know the answer to that question. No, it's not me.

I'm the type of person that once I have something, I pretty much have it for life.

For example, I have the same stereo system that my parents bought me for one of my birthdays or Christmas one year when I was in my late teens. It's actually in my basement. It has dual cassettes and a turn table on the top. It works. It's in good shape. I took care of it and kept it very nice. I'm almost 44 yrs old and I still have this item.

I've never lost my cell phone. Now, I have misplaced it for a few moments but I have never ever lost it. But knowing the type of person that I am, if I did lose my cell phone, I would be turning the world upside down to find it. It would drive me nuts not having it. It would consume me. I would not do anything else until I had that phone safe and sound in my hands.

So why, why do I have kids that when they lose something, they literally shrug their shoulders and say, "Oh it will turn up". I know why. Yep, I sure do. It's because they know that it will drive me insane not knowing where it is or what happened to it so then I in turn will turn the house upside down to find it. Yes, we can always depend on dear old crazy, OCD riddled mom to find anything that we've lost. We know that she will actually give up sleeping because it will drive her insane laying there wondering where something could be.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, Lori...I could hve written this.

    I'm the same way. I just don't get how someone can give up looking for something. It's SOMEWHERE...find it!

    J and M are just like your kids...drives me insane!!!

    ReplyDelete

So, whatcha thinkin?