Illegitimis Non Carborundum

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

My humpday....

Tuesday is my hump day since I work Sunday thru Thursday. And my humpday always goes so fast!

Today was no exception. Hubby took the kids to school and they are all on the same schedule today so I could crawl right into bed this morning. That felt so good!

I have to read every morning when I go to bed, I can't just lay there and fall asleep. I'm reading The Secret Life of CeeCee Wilkes. It's been dragging a little and now it's finally picking up. I'm hoping to finish it by Wednesday or Thursday. I'm trying to stick to my one book a week.

I got an email today from the Mothers Assoc. and the local water ice place is having a contest for a name for the new water ice they are making. Well, one of the mom's has a daughter that passed and the girls class is trying to get the water ice named after her by using the name Angelberry. I just met this woman in September but she's a great woman, gives 110% to the schools she helps with and it breaks my heart to learn that she lost her daughter. It's one of those little kind of taps on the shoulder that reminds you just how lucky you are!

So in honor of Cate, take this as a little tap on your shoulder, hug your babies, peek at them one more time and give them a little kiss on their foreheads, no matter how old they are.

3 comments:

  1. I'm going to vote for Cate.
    Crawling into bed sounds SO good right now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Going to go and vote again today. Thanks for the reminder about my blessings here at home Lori.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lori~

    You should post the link so that your readers can vote, as well.

    ReplyDelete

So, whatcha thinkin?