Illegitimis Non Carborundum

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

High Five!

Tonight was my first Mothers Association meeting since I became President of the Association! I really wasn't that nervous but I was a little anxious to see how things were going to go. This is a tight group and some of them have been together for a few years. I just joined last year, boy did that fly by! There were times I wasn't really sure if I wanted to keep doing it either. Sometimes I felt like such a "freshman" mom. But I hung in there, got to know the girls and kept showing up at things, giving it my all. When it came time to elect new officers, I went to the plate, ready to give it my all. I did not for the life of me think I was going to be the only one. So, by process of elimination and before I could think twice about it, I was becoming President.

I have to be honest and admit, I like, no I love being involved with my kids schools and activities. I like being known at the schools. I like being comfortable with the faculty and staff. But all this high school stuff is new and it's just like being a freshman again.

I think we had a really good meeting and a lot of my ideas were met with nodding heads and smiles. I think some of the ladies were thinking the same things, just hoping someday someone would come along and make the necessary changes.

Tonight when I got to work, I got an email from Fr. J who is the priest that sits in with our organization. He's wonderful and I really like him. Here's the beginning of his email to me

"GREAT JOB tonight! You have a natural gift! It will be a pleasure working with you!I loved the way you brought up our conversation about meeting changes,etc. I don't know if you could see, but many of the moms were smiling and nodding in agreement. I think our changes will meet with much approval."

That felt good! Makes you feel like the work that you are doing is really worth it and is going to make a difference! And I do believe it's going to be a good year!!

3 comments:

  1. WOW!!

    Congratulations! It can defintely be a rough road but having support from other parents makes it all worth it. Here's to a great year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear it's going well.
    I'm so over school crap right now! Maybe I'll get back into it next year... maybe not! :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats Lori! The year will fly by before you know it and you'll be on your second term. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete

So, whatcha thinkin?