Illegitimis Non Carborundum

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

I can smell it.....

summer is right around the corner. It's almost in my grasp! We're this close!


Only 2 more days of school for my 2 younger kids. My oldest completed his first year of High School today! Where did it go?


I've been thinking a lot about this year. It's been a big one with lots of changes. Some good, some not so but such is life.



I have these books at home for the kids. It's those books that have a folder/pocket page for each year of their schooling. Well, I figured 9th grade is a big one so I think I'm going to do something for their freshman year. I'm going to type out a year in review and stick it in that pocket without telling them. I think I might do it in a letter form. Something for them to look back on and see it from how it happened and give my point of view on it all.


They'll think I'm a sappy dork if I tell them about it now. But maybe some day they'll enjoy reading it and remembering. I think they will. I really wish I had thought of this years ago but it's never too late to start. I was thinking earlier today where we were a year ago. Jerry was graduating and so many thoughts came flooding back to me. I had my broken elbow. Jerry had gotten a scholarship and several awards. And my friend Terri was alive. That's what made me think of doing the letter. You never know what tomorrow can bring and I have all these beautiful memories in my head. I don't want something to happen some day and these memories all go with me, without sharing them with the kids. Very sappy and bordering on morbid but I want them to have something to look back and maybe feel how I felt when it was all going on.


Maybe when I'm 100 and sitting in my rocking chair, they'll come to visit me and we'll sit on the porch and read them together. That would be nice!

1 comment:

  1. I think that's a great idea, and your last paragraph made me laugh. You really think ahead!

    ReplyDelete

So, whatcha thinkin?